Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Flashback Friday to Dec. 12th!! One Year Old Today!!

My baby is a BIG BOY....








A Birthday Celebration with all my friends and family!
The Race to First Place Birthday Invitation! it seriously looks dorky because i marked out the info to make it blogproof the fastest way possible!

The cake mommy and daddy made for me!! Actually dad made this cake and mom helped decorate it, after mom ruined two previous box cake mixes (the kitchen isn't the place where her talents shine). see below..




as much as i loved my cake, i equally disliked every body singing to me!! (who wants that??)

there was no mistaken who had a peice of THIS cake! if you even smiled at all, you were proven guilty on sight!

















party favors!! these are so cute, so it's worth clicking on this pic so you can actually read the print!! thanks for indulging me! inside, there are fruit snack race cars!!

















so here's the truth.... this party was for mom and dad! and it was the funnest thing ever! lets face it, if crew had it his way, there would be two guests (max) including mom and dad (and the grandmas), he wouldn't have to open any gifts, he would be naked eating his cake, and lastly he wouldn't be pressured to blow-out a candle! This was truly every thing i hoped it would be and probably my only chance to make all the calls before crew has an opinion.... i figure that all the parties in the future will have to cater to his desires (although i am still hopeful that my manipulation tricks might work, even then. he he)


















The Great Grandparents




watching the video we made of crew's first year! (we hope to have that on the blog sooner than later)





baby sophie has sinse arrived as of Dec. 29th, 2008..... and she is so beautiful! we look forward to her big birthday bash in one year from now!!!






"SAY CHEESE" means nothing to them!











OK OK....HERE ARE THE B-DAY CAKES MOM MADE...






i decided to include this chapter of the the birthday.... my first attempt at making his cake overflowed!









The second cake mishap sunk-in and looked like a bunt cake!

CREW'S coolest present to go along with the theme of the party was a motorized 4-wheeler! he loves it, and was actually able to drive it all by himself that very same day, i was so proud! i unfortunately don't have a pic b/c i only have it on the video cam (haven't downloaded that yet, oh-well)







7 comments:

Lori said...

That was a fun party. Too bad Gavin wouldn't sit down for the kid pic.

linzy said...

I can't believe he ia already one! So fun!!! I want to copy your cake for Brack!

Lindsey said...

I can't tell you how giddy it made me tonight to hear that another woman loves motherhood so much. I know others like us exist, but it seems I rarely get to talk to them. Thanks for the lift:)

Russ and Emily Christman said...

What a cute party. You had a ton of adorable ideas. I love the cake, the inviation, and the party favors. Sorry we couldn't make it. Happy belated birthday Crew.

tiffany said...

Hi Terra!
I can't belive he is already one!! He is cute boy! The cake you guys made that is cute cake. I hope you guys are doing great all the time. When you have just call we should doing something fun and going out to lunch sometime. Crew is a happy person! Take Care!

Unknown said...

That was the funnest party ever, not to mention the coolest cake. I had a blast and thought your Crew-ber bottles were the highlight of the party! Let's start a little earlier next year so we don't have to stay up until 4AM!

Laura Ayers said...

I'm getting so many great ideas- What a fun celebration! I still think your family is the cutest, next to our of course!!! Happy Birthday months late, Crew! Hey- it happens when there are 4 little ones like you running around!