Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Jumanji had a Make-over! YAY!!

we, I ESPECIALLY, have been wanting a new backyard, for a long time now (especially with my little crewzer who loves to be outside all the time)!!

**side note: to give you a better understanding, this huge dirt area use to be an amazing garden (due to the original owners who built this house in the 50's. they were the world's greatest gardeners ;>). after my one attempt at gardening, the result was a crosspolinated batch of squashzinni. needless to say, the garden went down-hill when we moved in!

mean while, weeds are growing at an alarming rate, the original raspberry bushes, FROM THE 50'S, are spreading like wild fire, the aspen quakey trees are growing randomly out of the grass in various places (yuck), and lastly, the stupid 'morning glories' are breaking away from their barriers to join the rest of the disasterous mess! ugh. ugh. ugh. i hated it. i never wanted to go in the back yard, even though i dreamed of hanging out back their to grill, relax on the patio, jump on a trampoline, get a swingset/playground-set, put up crew's little pool, and finally, have a little white picket fence wrap around the yard/house!! i am not asking much! he he!

ok, so really and truly i would just be happy with a clean yard, EVEN IF IT'S JUST PLAIN CLEAN DIRT!!

But AT LAST, i got my dream of all new beautiful sod and i am in heaven!! yay!

so here are the before and after pics of the fruits of our very INTENSE labors!! ONLY i didn't take the before pic early enough, so imagine this to be about 50x's worse (70 ish raspberry bushes covered this ground, we have already hauled out 5-8 big ugly trees, and more)!!

BEFORE












AFTER

(and it's even more beautiful than the pics look)




yay! now i don't have to be the neighborhood's embarrasement! do you love it! i am so excited!




AND A REALLY BIG HUMONGOUS SHOUT-OUT TO MY HARD WORKING HUBBY WHO MADE THIS ALL HAPPEN! I LOVE YOU!

4 comments:

Russ and Emily Christman said...

It looks great. I remember when we got our yard in. It felt so good. I feel your joy!

linzy said...

WOW WOW WOW!!!!!! Way to go!!! I am very impressed!!

Lana said...

beautiful! enjoy your new yard!

Julie said...

YEAH!!!! There is nothing like new sod. Wow, you guys sure did A LOT of work. And I just love getting together for playgroup with you - you are so adorable and I love learning from you. See ya soon!