old binkis!
new binki!
we like to think of these adorable little binkis as a magical mechanism that soothes our whole family! not that jeremy and i use them in our own mouths, but we love to use them on crew in times of crying, moaning, whinning, etc. 'mute button' is truly the most appropriate term for this contraption, and when it is turned on, we can all be happy again!! HOWEVER, they have been recalled!!! yikes... the story is that a nipple came off and the baby choked on it (the baby is ok, in case you were wondering)! so i believe this is serious enough of a reason to get rid of them! so i bought the "new and improved" binki and UNFORTUNATELY the nipple is a whole different shape and texture! so, of course, crew doesn't understand that this one is used for the same purposes as the old ones! when i attempt to force it on him, he will usually humor me by biting it like a chew toy, but only for about 30 secs, then when he sees me relax and put my hand down, he grabs it out and flings it across the room!!! needless to say, i am still using the defective binkis...! (But not for long) i don't have my next solution, but a few ideas are:
1) finish the magical binki chapter of his life!
2) look for other styles as similar to his as possible (even if they are ugly, YIKES!) not fun!
or
3) you give me any advice that you think might really do the trick!
PS- I HAVE ALREADY TRIED putting sweets on the end of the new binki (the success rate is too short, i need a permanent fix)



4 comments:
Yikes, I didn't hear these were recalled. I have one or two of them. I say if you want to get rid of the binki, then this is probably a great time because if he doesn't like to new one's and doesn't care if he has the old one then it sounds like it may be a easy transition. I know, that is a scary thought. I felt the same way when we got rid of Gavins. Good luck with whatever you do. I have no suggestions on making him like a binki because we never had to do that.
I say get rid of them completely! Its probably a great time to do it, because the older he gets, the more attached he'll get. I'm glad I did it with Mae early on. Totally worth it, and it wasn't as hard as I thought. I think its more of a comfort to parents really.
I agree with the other comments posted. It sounds like Crew is pretty chill about the situation. Either of my kids would never take a binky. If you chose to wean him off the bink I heard you should cut the nipple off of the binkies and pretend like the nimple fell off and got lost. Make a game of it. Good luck!
ha! I'm a firm believer in Binki's. Sorry you have to go through getting him to use a new binki...maybe getting rid of them would be easier!
Post a Comment