Sunday, October 12, 2008

CLEANED MY WHOLE HOUSE IN ONE DAY!



What...... the title doesn't match the picture??? i will admitt the truth towards the end of this entry, i can't clean my house any more! with crew into any thing and every thing, and being a poor napper, at that, our house looks as though we have 10 kids!! no joke! i try to stay on top of it and pick up at the end of every day, but it's very discouraging that the house is clean only while i am in bed asleep. so, i devised a plan... each day i would devote deep cleaning to one specific part of our home, after the course of two weeks, the schedule would repeate itself again. then i would always have a fairly clean home. although, this never really worked according to plan, for one reason of another. so, i changed my mind and decided to clean my home in one to two days including laundry. AND THIS IS WHY CREW IS SITTING IN THE HIGHCHAIR WITH TREATS ALL OVER! is any one else guilty of this! the way i see it, every one wins! what more could you ask for? "this is not bribery, mind you! it is a simple form of give and take!" -unknown mommy author


7 comments:

Lori said...

I hear ya, I have the same issue. I still can't get it done in a day or two either. Way to go! Also, I do notice Crew is eating some big kid food now and using a sippy cup. That is awesome.

Sean and Brittany said...

I have tried that! (the cleaning in 2 days). I had it all done except my bedroom! I didn't put Savanna in her chair because she can get down, I just sat her in front of the tv with her favorite movie. Bad, I know, but it worked!

Jana said...

Terra, That is one of the biggest adjustments I've had to make being a mommy, too. A few weeks ago I was looking at some pictures I took of our last home and I was astonished that the pictures of ALL the rooms were clean, and also had ALL been taken on THE SAME DATE!
:)
I miss my tidy home, but Parker is worth the trade off!

I tried to come up with a one-week cleaning schedule, so at least it will all get done every 7 days... sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't.
Oh, well.

Russ and Emily Christman said...

I am no expert on this and feel your pain. You will find your niche again once Crew is more independent. I do the cards where I clean a little everyday, but if I am not in the mood I just don't do it. I tend to get burned out if I ridigidly pull cards diligently everyday. Seriously though it seems like you put something away and out it comes again in 5 minutes. Do what you can and call it good. Everyone will be happier!

hutchingsheadquarters said...

these are all very good ideas, but seriously, i just NEVER feel like cleaning! that's the real problem! he he

Dekle Family said...

I'm totally guilty of using food & a sippy cup to occupy while I get things done! This wk especially w/ella since livi burned her hand on the fireplace last sunday & has been super clingy!!!

Sydney and Griffin said...

Crewser!! I love you!!!

Nice new high chair. Your mom told me how fun that was for you to try and get lol.... But it was worth it :)